Wednesday, March 6, 2019

America are you in or out ? ARG AP2

For my class A Nations Argument we are learning about the US entry test. We reviewed some of these questions in class and saw that they are not as straight forward as they should be. They are either too vague or way too many opinions to answer. I also think they should be a few community type questions. I think the community is a huge part of America and it is good to know if these people would help out there neighbor regardless of race, gender, and beliefs.


I choose these three questions because I feel like these questions can be different for everyone and I feel like there are other ways to answer these questions and I will also talk about could be a bit better.
What is one responsibility that is only for United States citizens?
I think this is a question that is too vague
What is the “rule of law”?
I feel like this type of question is calling to to
What movement tried to end racial discrimination?
I feel this is a way to bring general because there can be many answers such as the peace marches in the '60s or Martin Luther kind JR.
I feel like these are too opinion based questions and I feel as if the questions should be either right or wrong and not led in other interpretations. Not everyone has the same thoughts about morals common beliefs, Some of these questions have multiple answers, and some are too vague. That's why we need to amend some of these. I also think it should be a level of difficulty to it. For example, not what day was John F Kennedy assassinated, but more like who was John F Kennedy and what were some events that took place during his term? Here are some questions that I think would be better to determine if they are ready to be here

How do the three branches work together to prevent a dictatorship?
this will show if they understand why these branches are set up the way they are

If a neighbor of yours commits a crime and the police come to your door asking for information about that person would you help them

This answers if they are willing to assist police and law enforcement

who was the first African American US president?

This is to see if they know recent history.

My amendment is I propose that the entrance exam is changed to be a lot more of a yes-no type quiz like you would have in 8th-grade history. I feel like the questions that can have multiple answers and the ones that can be interpreted wrong or feel too vague.


Someone who agreed with me is a Peer of mine in school named D.S. "That's a very good point OL, I think that you're right. I agree with you." A good friend of mine named SB is willing to cosign this document. Also five out of six reviews in my class supported it.


Image result for new orleans flood relief

This image is community helping out in the floods in New Orleans. This relates because this is the type of mindset that I think will be the most successful. That is why I asked the Police question.  Being involved in the community is a keystone of the American lifestyle and is very important.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Frontiers of Ocean Research

I am in a class called Frontiers. This class we learned a lot about oceanography. For our final Action Project we were given the task to wri...